Thursday 10 September 2015

Distressing - a new technique

Evening All,

Just thought I would share today's make. This is my noteblock box. It has a sliding drawer which containers a note block and the top is easel style. Normally I would decorate these with layered backing papers, may be a stamped image or sentiment and some embellishments.

Today I decided to go for something completely different.

A while ago now, I bought some distress inks and pads. Not many, just a few to get me going. Then I hesitated. Having seen such beautiful examples on the net, it put me off even trying. I then had to convince myself to try, that everyone has to start somewhere. And so we come to today. I dug them out of the depths of my craft cupboard and tried....and this is what I came up with...


 

 
 
This was my first time distressing, so I was very pleased with the result and won't hesitate to use this technique again soon. This box will be for sale alongside other items on my stall at the Kingsway Craft Market on the 27th September.
 
Thanks for dropping by. Catch up again soon.


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kath

    Your distressing is brilliant .. .. I know what you mean about being put off by fantastic examples though. It does make you delay trying. But you needn't have worried .. you look like a natural.

    Love your finished project. I bet it will sell in no time!

    I hope the craft sale is a success. Not long to go now!!

    Have a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete