Monday 10 November 2014

My Mojo's back and Christmas is coming!

Morning All,

I can't believe so long has passed since I last posted....and yet in other ways I can.  I have taken on the voluntary role of Fundraiser for Playgroup which is keeping me more than busy. Hubby has been off work with work related stress and continuing symptoms of his Post Concussion Syndrome and Elliot has started to -well I can't call it crawling - swivel, shimmy, roll to get around. So with this and the ever active Sophie, finding time to craft has been difficult, almost impossible. For a while, I had no inspiration whatsoever, not even any ideas swimming round in my head, but with the constant nag that Christmas is on the way and a few personalised requests, I made myself sit down and start.

Here are my recent personalised makes:

Unlike the ones I have seen online which are just prints, I wanted to try this in a box frame with raised letters on some words and flat words on others to give it some depth. Quite pleased with the final result, although it was hard work cutting out all the letters by hand and will be much easier when I have a cutting machine again.

 
 
I was asked to make a personalised christening card. I have a Sizzix Texture Boutique which is giving me lots of food for thought at the mo and I love using it. I'm getting into embossing a lot more recently. I also have some really nice punches that I don't use enough. When I was making all the components for this card, I thought it might look too much altogether, but actually I am really pleased with the finished result.
 
 

My final recent make was just yesterday and it's had a great response on Facebook. I've had this idea for a 3d Christmas Tree going round in my head for over a year now. I did have a cutting template for something similar but can't use it as my machines broke. So I needed to go back to basics to achieve a similar effect.  Here it is....


Really pleased with this. It took ages, but now I know what I'm doing, the next few shouldn't take as long, I've been asked to do a tutorial on this, which will appear on here in the next few days.

That's all for now. My mojo's definitely back, must get on!

No comments:

Post a Comment